Marie L. Mancini-Oliveira MS, OTR/LMarie L. Mancini-Oliveira MS, OTR/L has been a licensed occupational therapist working in public and private schools as well as specialty sensory integration clinics in Massachusetts and Connecticut. She received a bachelor of science in occupational therapy and a master’s of science with a concentration in neuroscience from University of Hartford.
Melissa M. Broxton MS, OTR/LMelissa M. Broxton MS, OTR/L, is a registered occupational therapist in Connecticut and Massachusetts. She received a master’s of Science in occupational therapy from Dominican College. Melissa has worked primarily with children in the public school systems as well as in sensory integration clinics.
Marie and Melissa are certified in the following specialty areas:
- Sensory Integration Theory & Practice including the ability to administered the Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (standardized testing to discern sensory processing dysfunction).
- Auditory based stimulation programs – Therapeutic Listening and The Listening Program
- Brain Gym
- Wilbarger Deep Pressure Proprioceptive Technique for Sensory Defensiveness
- Yoga/Pilates for Kids
- Visual-Vestibular Treatment
- Bike Riding Training for Special Needs Children
- Variety of Specialized Handwriting Programs – Handwriting Without Tears and Loops and Groups
- 1-2-3 Magic Behavioral Approach
- Interactive Metronome Therapy
- Social Thinking for social cognitive skills training
Marie and Melissa have presented and lectured to a wide range of audiences on “hot” topics in the field of pediatric occupational therapy such as:
- Sensory-Motor Skills and the impact on academics
- Sensory Diets: Implementation at home and school
- Sensory Integration Theory and Practice with children on the Autism Spectrum
- Sensory Integration Semantics and Application for Educators
- Basics of Brain Gym Implementation in classrooms
- Classroom Essentials: Fine Motor skills, Visual Perceptual Skills, and Functional Vision
In addition, Marie is also certified in torticollis and Cranial Sacral Therapy. Advanced Therapy Solutions provides the highest quality of Occupational and Speech Language Therapy at our state-of-the-art, outpatient clinic.