Marie L. Mancini-Oliveira MS, OTR/L
Marie L. Mancini-Oliveira MS, OTR/L has been a licensed occupational therapist working in public and private schools as well as specialty sensory integration clinics in Massachusetts and Connecticut. She received a bachelor of science in occupational therapy and a master’s of science with a concentration in neuroscience from University of Hartford.
Melissa M. Broxton MS, OTR/L
Melissa M. Broxton MS, OTR/L, is a registered occupational therapist in Connecticut and Massachusetts. She received a master’s of Science in occupational therapy from Dominican College. Melissa has worked primarily with children in the public school systems as well as in sensory integration clinics.
- Sensory Integration Theory & Practice including the ability to administered the Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (standardized testing to discern sensory processing dysfunction).
- Auditory based stimulation programs – Therapeutic Listening and The Listening Program
- Brain Gym
- Wilbarger Deep Pressure Proprioceptive Technique for Sensory Defensiveness
- Yoga/Pilates for Kids
- Visual-Vestibular Treatment
- Bike Riding Training for Special Needs Children
- Variety of Specialized Handwriting Programs – Handwriting Without Tears and Loops and Groups
- 1-2-3 Magic Behavioral Approach
- Interactive Metronome Therapy
- Social Thinking for social cognitive skills training
Marie and Melissa have presented and lectured to a wide range of audiences on “hot” topics in the field of pediatric occupational therapy such as:
- Sensory-Motor Skills and the impact on academics
- Sensory Diets: Implementation at home and school
- Sensory Integration Theory and Practice with children on the Autism Spectrum
- Sensory Integration Semantics and Application for Educators
- Basics of Brain Gym Implementation in classrooms
- Classroom Essentials: Fine Motor skills, Visual Perceptual Skills, and Functional Vision
In addition, Marie is also certified in torticollis and Cranial Sacral Therapy.