What We Offer - CranioSacral Therapy
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) was pioneered and developed by osteopathic physician John E. Upledger. CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system – comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
Specializing in cranial sacral work with Babies who have Difficulty Feeding at the Breast or Bottle, with Tongue Tie or without. Pre and Post frenotomy care and oral rehabilitation for infants and toddlers. Babies with “colic,” poor sleep, fussiness, reflux, constipation, congestion, or torticollis. Close coordination of care with lactation consultants to assist moms when breastfeeding is difficult.
By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Infantile Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction