Therapy intensives are a combination of Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Cranial Sacral Therapy. At ATS, we can offer intensives year-round. Parents often choose school vacation breaks or the summer months to accomplish a therapy intensive. We work with your schedule. Each therapy time blocks can be 2-3 hours in duration and as frequent as 3-5x per week. In addition to therapy intensives, our reading specialist, Lisa Peck, can work with your child remotely or in-person to boost their reading abilities. She utilizes the well-known, Orton Gillingham approach, which helps students learn in the way that they learn best. This approach allows Lisa to incorporate multi-sensory learning strategies in their lessons. It is an outstanding compliment to your child’s program. She will work with your child’s teacher to relay her techniques to strive for generalization into the academic setting.
Some of the common goals of a therapy intensives can include topics such as:
- Potty training
- Specific gross motor skill acquisition ie: Bike Riding, learning to crawl or sit-up
- Specific fine motor skill acquisition ie: Learning how to write their name, tie shoes, dress themselves, mastery of fasteners
- Behavioral coaching for parents
- Sibling interaction coaching- Help your children learn how to play with each other more!
- Social Skills enrichment using the Social Thinking Curriculum
- Picky Eaters: Our therapists will analyze why eating a variety of foods is so challenging for your child and help them improve their food repertoire.
- Speech related: correct articulation errors, increase the use of 2,3, 5-word sentences during conversations, fluency of speech.
- And many more…
Give us a call to set-up a free consultation to determine what might be the best course of action to improve and enhance your child’s growth.
Depending on your health insurance coverage, services may be covered. Our front desk staff are available to help you through this process. Give us a call to find out more!