Therapy Staff – Occupational Therapists
Elizabeth Gavagni-Cho MS, OTR/L is a board certified, licensed occupational therapist. She has been employed at Advanced Therapy Solutions for five years working within the clinic as well as public and outplacement schools. She earned a bachelor of science in psychology and a master’s of science in occupational therapy from Sacred Heart University. Elizabeth’s clinical interests revolve around sensory integration, arousal and emotional regulation, social skills, and helping children gain independence by developing and maintaining skills required to function and socialize in their every day life.
Elizabeth has completed the following continuing education courses:
- Treatment of Children with Sensory, Emotional and Motor Challenges: Understanding the Influence of Movement, Rhythms and Emotion
- Building Self-Regulation in Children with Autism, ADHD, or Sensory Disorders
- Building Blocks for Sensory Integration
- When Children Won’t Eat: Picky Eaters vs Problem Feeders – Assessment & Treatment Using the SOS Approach to Feeding
- From Eyesight to Insight: Visual and Vestibular Assessment and Treatment
- Rhythmic Movement Training – Level One and Two
- The Zones of Regulation: A Framework to Foster Self-Regulation and Emotional Control
- Essentials of Praxis for Children with Autism
- Understanding the Assistive Technology Process to Promote School-Based Occupation Outcomes
- Essentials of SI Intervention Part One: Intervention for Sensory Modulation and Discrimination
- Essentials of SI Assessment Part One: Clinical Assessment of SI in Diverse Environments
- Elizabeth is in the process of becoming a certified ADHD Professional (ADHD-CCSP) by completing an Intensive Training Course: Evidence-Based Strategies for Managing ADHD Across the Lifespan.
Erin Laprade earned both her Bachelors of Health Science degree and Masters of Occupational Therapy from Quinnipiac University. She has experience in a multitude of areas including adult hospital-based, schools, and birth to three services and has been working at ATS since 2019. Erin has completed various continuing education courses including in the Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP), SOS Approach to Feeding, Autism training, social thinking curriculum, and motor planning and praxis. In her free time Erin enjoys visiting family, exploring new walking trials, and spending time with her fiance and rescue dog, Ruthie.
Therapy Staff – Speech and Language Pathologists
Jill received her Bachelor’s degree from University of Delaware and her Master’s of Science in Speech-Language Pathology from New York Medical College. Prior to joining Advanced Therapy Solutions, Jill spent 4 years working in children’s hospitals treating clients with a variety of speech, language, and feeding concerns. Jill is trained in the SOS approach to feeding and the PROMPT technique for speech. She is also a Certified Lactation Educator Counselor (CLEC) and has experience with bottle and breastfeeding. Jill’s clinical interests include treatment of oral motor dysfunctions as they relate to both speech and feeding, and the treatment of feeding disorders across infancy and childhood.
Sarah is a licensed Speech Language Pathologist in the state of Connecticut. She obtained her bachelor’s in speech, language and hearing sciences from the University of Connecticut and her master’s in speech language pathology at the MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston, Massachusetts. Sarah has experience working with pediatric populations such as children with autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, articulation and phonology disorders, and receptive and expressive language disorders. Some of her clinical interests include working with children with complex communication needs as well as individuals who use augmentative and alternative communication. Sarah loves being a speech language pathologist to support her clients in communicating and expressing themselves through any method that meets their individual needs! She is passionate about making therapy functional, personalized, and most importantly fun for her clients. In her free time, Sarah loves to hike with her dog, cook delicious food, practice yoga, and spend time with her friends and family.
If you are interested in speaking to one of our experienced therapists, a virtual meeting or phone conference can be scheduled.
Advanced Therapy Solutions provides the highest quality of Occupational Therapists and Speech Language Therapy at our state-of-the-art, outpatient clinic. When travel isn’t the right option for you or your loved one, our facility in Wethersfield, Connecticut is still able to help. During occupational therapy sessions, treatment is child guided and our occupational therapists focus on creating the ‘just right challenge’ for your child. Our telehealth services provide ease of access so that you can get the help you deserve and continue on the road toward a healthier future.