Marie L. Mancini-Oliveira MS, OTR/L
Marie L. Mancini-Oliveira MS, OTR/L has been a licensed occupational therapist working in public and private schools as well as specialty sensory integration clinics in Massachusetts and Connecticut for the past 14 years. She received a bachelor of science in occupational therapy and a master’s of science with a concentration in neuroscience from University of Hartford. Marie integrates cranialsacral , myofascial release, and kinesiology techniques to provide bodywork and gentle therapy options for parents, newborns, infants, toddlers, and children of all ages. Marie also specializes in pre (before) and post (after) therapeutic work with babies having undergone tethered oral tissue releases (tongue, lip, and cheek ties), torticollis (tight neck), plagiocephaly (mis-shaped cranium), developmental delays (ie: baby not rolling, crawling, walking?), and kinesiology-based food sensitivity testing. Please feel free to contact Marie if you have questions, interest or concern about anything mentioned on this website. In addition to all the things mentioned above, Marie is a mom of two brilliant and beautiful children, who is interested in helping parents and their children ride the wave of development on the best path possible with the least amount of resistance!
Marie has received specialty training in the following areas:
- TIMP : Test of Infant Motor Performance: the ability to assess the posture and selective control of movement needed by infants under four months of age for functional performance in daily life.
- Pre- and Post Frenotomy Oral Motor and Whole Body Training by Michelle Emmanuel OTR/L
- TOT’s (tethered oral tissue) training for infants and toddlers through Talktools, Inc.
- Myofunctional Release (MFR) for children
- Cranial Sacral Training by Upledger Institute with specialty trainings in Sensory Integration, Cranial Nerves, Somato emotional release, and Pediatrics
- Kinesiology- Muscle testing for a variety of nutritional needs.
- Sensory Integration Theory & Practice including the ability to administer the Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (standardized testing to discern sensory processing dysfunction).
- Auditory based stimulation programs – Therapeutic Listening and The Listening Program
- Brain Gym & Yoga/Pilates for Kids
- Wilbarger Deep Pressure Proprioceptive Technique for Sensory Defensiveness
- Visual-Vestibular Treatment
- Bike Riding Training for Special Needs Children
- Variety of Specialized Handwriting Programs – Handwriting Without Tears and Loops and Groups
- Social Thinking for social cognitive skills training